To create a group, click the Members tab to see a list of your enrolled Members. On the left hand column, scroll down until you see the Groups filter. Click the Manage link to open the Manage Groups pop-up window.
This window will show you a list of your groups. Clicking a Group Name will allow you to change the settings for a Group. Click the New link to create a new Group.
This screen is where you set your inclusion criteria for the group. A member must meet all of the criteria to be included, so you should set as few criteria as you need to create your group. Descriptions of the criteria are below.
- Join Date - Sets the start and end date range for a member joining the community.
- Status - The registration status of the member. Often used to target members who have not fully registered for sending update messages.
- Points - Sets a point range for a member to be included in the group. Useful for identifying highly active and engaged members.
- Shares - Sets a range of shares for a member to be included in the group. Useful for identifying enthusiastic employees.
- Permission - Requires a member to have this permission assigned to be included in the group. Frequently used to create a group of your Managers.
- Profile Question - Any profile question/answer given during the sign-up process can be used to include members in a group. For example, you might ask members which office or department they are in, and then create groups for those offices or departments based on the answer.
- Survey - Similar to Profile Questions, you can send your members a survey after they've joined, and then include them in a group based on their responses.
You can also Include or Exclude individual members by name, Division* affiliation, Member Tags that may be applied, or social media Channels they have connected.
Tip: Be careful when setting multiple criteria to a group, as the member must meet ALL of the criteria to be included. For example, if you choose a Points range and a Shares range, the member must have Points inside that range as well as Shares inside that range.